Search Unity

Question Will the player need to download Google Play Games Services or Apple Game Kit for Auth & CloudSave?

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by PapaStout, Oct 27, 2021.

1. PapaStout

PapaStout

Hi. I'm considering the Authentication and Cloud Save options of the new Unity Gaming Services Beta.

Will the player need to download Google Play Games Services or Apple Game Kit? Will the process on the end user's device be any different from using 3rd party assets, such as Easy Mobile Pro or Ultimate Mobile Pro?

I hear some players never download Google Play Games Services or the Game Kit, so I want to make sure everything will work well for those players.

Thanks.

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi PapaStout,

Great question,
    Unity Gaming Services is designed in house and does not depend on any 3rd party such as Google Play Games Services Or Apple Game Kit. Once your Authentication + Cloud save is integrated, all the player will need is to download your game and start playing.

The only requirement on our end is that you use Unity version is 2020.3

We also support platform specific sign-in as well more info can be found here

Best of luck to you!

3. PapaStout

PapaStout

Hi Seb,

Thank you very much for confirming it. This gives me motivation to keep on researching the technologies and wishing for the best.

Regards.

SebT_Unity likes this.