Search Unity

Other Will the low quality but high performance Havok Rigidbody be around for the 1.0?

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by Tigrian, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Tigrian

Tigrian

Hello,

I would like to make sure that this feature will be present at the 1.0 release (or soon after), it is on the Havok roadmap, and could be very useful. Can I count on it being present in the release, or should I start looking at alternatives for e.g. simulating destruction?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

What do you mean by "low quality, high performance" Havok?

Havok for DOTS is already available.
    It is part of the com.unity.physics package where you get to choose which physics engine to use.

I'm not aware of a specific version that is specifically made for "high performance". If you need the simulation to be faster (but less stable) you can tweak settings such as velocity iteration count.

Just import "com.unity.physics" and play around with it.

3. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Ah, thanks, that's good to know.

I wouldn't place my bets on whether any of that makes it to a specific release. But now that I know about this secondary physics effects I'm also looking forward to those.

I guess you have a game in mind, I'd just build it with what's available, knowing that perhaps (or perhaps not) improvements will be made to scale up your game's "secondary effects" by some percentage. ;)

4. Tigrian

Tigrian

All right, I'll try to build with what I already have, we'll see what comes next.:)