Search Unity

Will my old Laptop run unity?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ObiWackKenobi, Jul 15, 2020.

1. ObiWackKenobi

ObiWackKenobi

Will my Toshiba Satellite L775-S7102 run unity and do me good as a beginner to unity? It has a Intel® Core™ i3-2350M Processor 2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

2. jamespaterson

jamespaterson

Hi. You don't say how much RAM this machine has but this is probably below the minimum spec to comfortably run the editor, especially for 3d game dev. That said there is no reason not to give it a try. Good luck!

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

No. I have a laptop with similar graphics hardware and it was barely able to render a cube in an older release of Unity.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It can probably open Unity. You will have a struggle getting much more done after that though.

5. asherdavidson

asherdavidson

No, you should definitely get yourself a new one ;)

6. FayazulCreates

FayazulCreates

Although my laptop has an i3-2330M and only 4 gigs of ram, it can still run unity 2019.4.18f1 (the most common one) easily, but it will take a lot of time to open up a template or even install unity at all, but once you have everything setup, it will work smoothly, hope this helped

7. SmallLion

SmallLion

Hey there! I had a old Toshiba one too..Really its somewhat difficult.I deleted all thing and now I have only Unity,Visual Studio and Firefox:cool: However,we have to be very patient.It will do things crazy when running both Unity and Visual Studio but you can..But its better to buy a good one(as me)..Unless your pressure will be high amount and you will have to take medicines:confused::D