Search Unity

Will Everyplay support windows ?

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by Wild-Factor, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Wild-Factor

Wild-Factor

I think I'm not the only one making PC game :)
    Will our player be able to record a video of their play and post it ?

This would also be usefull to record playtest session.

randomperson42 likes this.
  2. Wild-Factor

Wild-Factor

3. Epictickle

Epictickle

I second this. It would be awesome if my users could record their gameplay. Also, ads wouldn't hurt on a F2P PC game either... Just saying.. xP

4. lcambiaghi

lcambiaghi

I also need this. Please add windows / mac on platforms supported.

5. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi,

Thanks for your requests!
    Ideally we would like to scale Everyplay for all the platforms supported by Unity and we definitely have support for additional platforms on our roadmap. But at the moment, we are focussed on iOS and Android.

Maybe you can consider porting your games (easily with Unity) for iOS and Android to build up a community on Everyplay :)

Cheers,
    Surath

6. Wild-Factor

Wild-Factor

Ok!

Unfortunetly, it's not a game made for ios and android, and the market is too much saturate right now. (I've lost some money on this market, despite having a good game)

7. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @Wild Factor

I agree about the market saturation and of course, you know your game better than us.

Just wanted to share this blog post, in case you have not read this yet:
    http://blog.everyplay.com/social-motivations-and-mobile-gaming-habits-of-top-players/
    This has a lot of useful information about your ideal target audience for the mobile market.

Also, here is an article about how 2 indies from Australia (Developers of Crossy Road) monetised their game using Unity Ads. Their growth was organic.
    http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/01/13/crossy-road-and-unity-ads/

8. catfink

catfink

went through all the process of signing up for this only to discover when trying to integrate that PC/Windows is not supported. Can you make this clearer in your documentation please as saying it's integrated into Unity made me take the assumption that given Unity's strong PC community it would support that platform ... only to be thoroughly disappointed.

9. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @catfink

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience!
    It is listed in our FAQs under the question "3. WHAT DEVICES DO YOU SUPPORT?"
    However, thanks for your suggestion. We will add the text also in "Getting Started" page for Developers who miss out the FAQs before integration.

All the best!

Cheers
    Surath

10. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I also agree and would like thta everyplay could be also available for PC windows, and not only for IOS or Android, if would be great

11. Wild-Factor

Wild-Factor

Direct integration when available.

12. FiendishCatz

FiendishCatz

Yes. I made a GD youtube channel, hoping to record some GD gameplay, but then I found out the screen recorder I had was super laggy. Now Everyplay is my only hope... buuut I'm playing on PC with Windows.:mad::mad::mad:

13. haraldreingruber

haraldreingruber

Hi @surathunity3d,
    any news regarding supporting desktop platforms? would be looking forward to this feature...

Thanks, Harald

Beodom likes this.
  14. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

@haraldreingruber Unfortunately there is no plans of extending platform support at the moment. (iOS/Android only)