Search Unity

Wildly inaccurate "Verified IAP Revenue" in Livestream

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by smithmj5, Apr 26, 2018.

1. smithmj5

smithmj5

My game went live globally a couple of days ago. While it was in Open Beta on Google Play, the Verified IAP Revenue was fairly accurate (only off due to players reinstalling the game on new devices which restores purchases and counts as revenue in the Livestream - I'm aware that it is a known issue).

Starting today though, the Verified IAP Revenue is all over the place. It's often saying $700 or more in a single minute, which is not at all possible given the number of installs I'm seeing.

Is there something I have configured incorrectly, or is there an issue with how the data is parsed for the Livestream?

Happy to provide my project ID if it helps.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@smithmj5

We have heard some reports of this behavior in Livestream. It doesn't seem to affect all projects though, so it would be great if we could get some more details about your project.

What version of Unity are you using?
    Are you using Unity IAP? If so, what version?
    Does the Data Explorer show accurate numbers for Verified Revenue?
    On which platforms is your app released?

3. smithmj5

smithmj5

What version of Unity are you using?
    Unity 5.6.5p2

Are you using Unity IAP? If so, what version?
    Yes. The log shows "UnityIAP StandardPurchasingModule Version: 1.14.0"

There is an update available in Unity (I'm using the built-in IAP from the Services window), but as I've been in the process of preparing for the game to launch, I haven't updated yet (not a good idea to update plugins while prepping for launch).

Does the Data Explorer show accurate numbers for Verified Revenue?
    No. Here's what it currently shows, which is thousands of times higher than it should be:

On which platforms is your app released?
    Apple App Store, Google Play.

If you'd like my project ID, please let me know (can I share that publicly here, is that safe to do?).

It's also worth noting that it's incorrect in Data Explorer no matter how I subset the data (iOS only, Google Play only, Canada only, France only, Russia only, etc.). So it seems to be an overall issue with the data.

It's also worth noting that on Reports -> IAP Purchase Report, most of my IAP items show as zero revenue. A few of them display correctly. All of them have at least some revenue, none should be zero. Worth mentioning as it could be related.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

5. smithmj5

smithmj5

I just opened a support ticket with the requested information, at 5:21 pm CST (I wasn't given a case/support/ticket ID).

6. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Hi, Live stream revenue reporting just started working for me again after a long while not reporting anything, but it's still and has always been inaccurate. At the moment it seems to be reporting every transaction twice.

Is this something wrong in my app or with Unity Analytics?

7. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

I have a call to AnalyticsEvent.IAPTransaction() after I verify a transaction. Does UnityIAP automatically log to unity analytics? Is this why i'm getting double reporting of transactions?

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, most likely

9. CheekySax

CheekySax

I have been getting the live-stream double-IAP reporting for last few days too, but the AnalyticsEvent.IAPTransaction calls have been in my code for 3 months and have never caused this issue before...

And I have also seen 2x livestream reporting of Installs and Sessions too over past couple of months. Makes me strongly believe its a livestream issue - not an app issue...

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are checking

CheekySax likes this.
  11. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Thank you, I don't want to remove my event and end up with no data for an update cycle.

12. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Now that you mention it, there was a couple days where installs doubled what I got reported elsewhere but I wrote that off as a timing thing where different analytics platforms rollover the day at a different time.

CheekySax likes this.
  13. CheekySax

CheekySax

This may help: Every time a new revenue event appears in livestream it is accompanied by 2 separate purple dots in different locations. They always appear at precisely the same time. EG I will get 2 x 99c events at exactly the same time, with 2 different purple dots, and a total revenue entry of $1.98. It is as if for each legitimate event there is an identical 'ghost' event at the same time!

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are aware of the issue, and working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

CheekySax likes this.
  15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are looking to upgrade our back end systems later this year, so this issue will hopefully be addressed at that time.