Search Unity

Games Wild West Multiplayer FPS Project

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by CakeMonsey, Feb 19, 2018.

1. CakeMonsey

CakeMonsey

Hey guys!

I made Update 1 video of project names Calister showdown.

To Do list for a few upcoming updates:
    - Dynamic reloading anomation
    - Bug fixes
    - Ragdoll shoot force
    - Footstep sounds
    - Networking
    - Weapon aiming

Please keep in mind that models, scenes and animations will definitely change and are just placeholders at the moment.

Leave some feedback if you find it good

2. Neviah

Neviah

There was so much blur, that it ended up hurting my eyes/head. x.x

RavenOfCode likes this.
  3. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

Cool idea. Not sure I can recall any western PVP shooters? Me personally, I like shooters with manual chambering weapons more. I like the pacing it gives. So I'll be looking forward to this.

I understand you are just blocking things out, but I'll add some suggestions anyway. Take em or leave em, just free thoughts:

Overall feel is super generic. Not about the models and terrain, I know that's placeholders, but the movement and dynamics.

1. When doing your weapon animations, keep in mind a sense of urgency. The lever gets cocked fast enough, but rounds get put into the magazine tube like you've got all day to roll the bullets around in your fingertips.

2. Recoil, screen shake, add something to make it feel like your blasting a lightweight 45-70, 30-30, whatever it is. Those things have a decent kick to them -- not as much as a 12-gauge slug but a lot more than an AR-15.

3. Tiny little muzzle flash. Whether you want a fireball muzzle flash or a realistic discharge of gasses, definitely beef that up so it doesn't look so pathetic.

4. When I think of western gun battles, I think of the genre defining movies. Shootouts were very cover based, and about who had the sharpest eye or quickest hands. So consider making move and shoot unreliable, give some aim sway to make settling down worth the trouble, and add a fast sprint so you can dash from cover to cover.

Also, since reloads are slow for most of the period weapons, maybe your wheel guns can be liike a close range backup that can be flung out with a single button press and then you blast all six shots real quickly to get anyone at short range who caught you with your pants down, or could be useful for a run and gun charge.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018