Search Unity

Feedback wife wanted to learn Unity and the kids need to practice their math so...

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by slumtrimpet, May 16, 2019.

1. slumtrimpet

slumtrimpet

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    CortiWins likes this.
  2. slumtrimpet

slumtrimpet

PS... do we consider promo videos to be mandatory on the marketing side? We obviously are not shooting for much on any income from this app, but curious what the general consensus is on that front.

(I hate making videos...)

3. CortiWins

CortiWins

Played it for a moment.

The good stuff:
    It looks cute, the music is beautiful and for some reason i, an adult man, find kids math in an app pretty enjoyable.

The lesser good stuff:

The input keys look&feel unresponsive. I don't know if they really are slightly delayed or if it just feels static because they lack visual feedback. Also the required press to acknowledge the input could be removed by just skipping to the next when the right value is entered. Also the "next one"-press could be replaced by short smooth transition imo.

Conclusion:

Good work you too and respect for actually finishing and releasing an app!
    Animations and flow are the spots for the biggest possible improvements.

PS:
    As i customer, i find gameplay videos to be the best information to base a decision on. So maybe that will help.
    But in this case a video might actually also highlight the apps weakest spots.

slumtrimpet likes this.
  4. slumtrimpet

slumtrimpet

Thanks very much for the feedback! We did bite the bullet and go ahead and make a very basic promo video.

We will massage the animations and transitions a bit in the next release. Again, thanks!

CortiWins likes this.