Search Unity

Wierd Mesh Error on Samsung S7

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MotionBrain, Mar 11, 2019.

1. MotionBrain

MotionBrain

Hey,

I'm currently working on an AR app. When I got a new object (simple biped rig and walking animation) I've run into a strange mesh error, when building to a smartphone (Samsung S7). I opened a new project without Vuforia etc. to reproduce this error (picture 1). We found out, that the rig is doing this kind of stuff.
    BUT. Inside the Unity Editor and on a HUAWEI taplet (picture 2) everything is fine. When I upload the dinosaur without the rig, the error dont occure.

Inside the Unity Editor the Mesh looks always fine. Only when we build the app on a samsung S7. I currently don't have any other phones to test out.

On Samsung S7
    (37k) highpoly with rig - > problem

highpoly without rig - > no problem

(10k) lowpoly with rig -> no problem

(10k) lowpoly without rig - > no problem

Hope you can help me out.

Regards,

Joachim

1. Samsung S7

2. HUAWEI

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. MotionBrain

MotionBrain

We found out, that if we create a new Unity Project on a different computer the error wont occur.
    But if I use the same mesh on my computer in my office inside a new Unity project, the mesh is broken like on picture 1.
    I gonna go by deinstalling all Unity versions. We will see how it goes.

I also tried to clear the cache.

Regards,
    Joachim

3. MotionBrain

MotionBrain

I installed the newest version of Unity, did a hard reset on my smartphone. Same error.
    I got a chance to install the apk on a LG V30. We dont have the error on this phone. My question is now... how is it possible that the .apk from my home computer is working the same project / mesh from my office computer is not....

But it is working on every other phone and tablet... ? How is it even possible my mind is blowing away

4. DavidRDev

DavidRDev

I've run into a similar issue. On Android 7.0 devices and lower our meshes are coming out disfigured. If we switch to 2018.2 we do not see them disfigured(but android plugins don't work). On 2018.3 they are disfigured (but android plugins work)

5. DavidRDev

DavidRDev

We are not running into the issue on Unity 2019.1 beta.

6. MotionBrain

MotionBrain

Yes on Unity 2018.2 we don't have this issue anymore. But the problem is still there and I don't know why... ? Maybe it will resolve itself with the next update?...

Thanks for the advice with the versions.