Search Unity

wierd intellisense coloring ( VS 2019 )

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by raarc, Sep 25, 2020.

1. raarc

raarc

I just upgraded to visual studio 2019 from 2017 and a lot of colors changed in the formatting.
    I have been changing it back to the old colors but there's something wierd that I don't know how to fix.

calling methods show the method with a diffrent color depending on the parameters, and I want them both to show the same color.

Example:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void method( int  t){
    3. }
    5. public int a;
    6. public vector3Int v;
    8. ///////
    10. method( a); /// method shows as teal color
    11. method(v.z); /// method shows as black color
    so the fact that I have a parameter that is an int is showing one color and when the parameter is a vector.z it shows another color, even though both are ints, obviously this is discriminating between a direct int and a int inside a struct, the question is, how do I fix this so they are both the same color?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

No idea, but here's some intellisense links:

This may help you with intellisense problems:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/intellisense-not-working-with-visual-studio-fix.836599/

Also, try update the VSCode package inside of Unity: Window -> Package Manager -> Search for Visual Studio Code Editor -> Press the Update button

Also, this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/no-suggestions-in-vscode.955197/#post-6227874

raarc likes this.
  3. raarc

raarc

thanks, in this case I believe intellisense is working correctly, it is just not doing what I want, I know I need to change something in fonts and formatting but I don't know what

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Did you retype the code above or did you copy/paste it?

The
    Vector3Int
    type is capitalized:

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Vector3Int.html

Is that your problem, just that there is no such thing as a lowercase
    vector3Int
    type so the second method call is to some undefined overload?

raarc likes this.
  5. raarc

raarc

no I did it in pseudo code, in my code I have it capitalized correctly

after searching more i found that to change the color I had to go to fonts and colors and change > User types - Methods

I found another problem though that also was not fixed by installing visualstudio for unity in the package manager, when I type
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public Coroutine c;
    it doesn't offer to autocomplete coroutine even after installing the package

6. raarc

raarc

Ok thanks kurt one of your links solved it, the external tools were set to deven.exe (wtf?) instead of visual studio. Thanks now everything works

Kurt-Dekker likes this.