Search Unity

Question Wide-angle camera in AR?

Discussion in 'AR' started by miciukiewicz, Mar 15, 2022.

1. miciukiewicz

miciukiewicz

Hello!

Quick question - is there any way to use wide-angle camera in AR mode? I only found options to change between rear and front camera.
    Maybe instead of using wide-angle camera is there option to zoom in our zoom out the rear camera?

Thank you for your help!

VainM likes this.
  2. todds_unity

todds_unity

3. VainM

VainM

Hi. Could you be able to find any solution? I want to use x0.5 zoom camera which looks amazingly wide instead of x1 zoom camera. But the default is x1 zoom and I couldn't find any options to change that like you.

AR Foundation does not seem like providing any property to change the zoom either. I would appreciate your help.

4. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

Apple only supports AR in one user-facing camera and one world-facing camera. They don't allow you to choose between multiple cameras (and if you try to call lower-level API's to force the camera to change, ARKit will stop working).

However, ARKit 6 does add an ability to manually control zoom. (I believe this can only zoom in from the default zoom, not zoom out, but not sure.) The best way to request that Unity support the ARKit 6 Zoom feature is to submit this idea to the XR Roadmap: https://unity.com/roadmap/unity-platform/xr

Go to the AR Foundation tab, scroll down, then click Submit a new Idea!