Search Unity

Question Wi-fi communication and data storage tips

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Gatinha123, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Gatinha123

Gatinha123

Planning to do a project where a game (or various instances of the game, made in Unity) collects data, and sends it over Wi-Fi to a global storage on a specific machine, and for viewing on an "Admin" application (for each instance of the game) , and each "Admin" application can also react, interacting with some values on each respective game.

Explain.PNG
    Keep in mind the game, storage and admin application are all in different machines, and i want them to communicate over Wi-Fi.

My question is, what could be used to achieve this communication over Wi-Fi? Was pondering about using JMS Weblogic or GRPC, but can't seem to find any way to integrate them with Unity.
    What are your thoughts?

2. arfish

arfish

3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Interesting question.

But wouldn't it be a bit taxing, if all of those admins can react and interact with the game, while the game is being played online?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  4. Gatinha123

Gatinha123

Each admin interacts with each respective game, meaning there's only one admin per game. The information being passed from game to admin isn't very high priority, so it's ok for there to be a small delay (~0.5 seconds). The admin to game interactions are perfectly allowed to take a few seconds of delay, although I'd still prefer for it to be as fast as possible.
    To give a bit more info, the game will be similar to a test, and the admin will receive data of test performance, as it is being run. The admin can interact by changing the game's difficulty, for example.

5. Gatinha123

Gatinha123

I'm currently exploring this, thank you for the suggestion.
    JMS offers a WebLogic tool that already provides a lot of tools and features to run servers and interact with them, that's why it's being considered, to save up development time.
    The weblogic tool allows for the servers to be run on HTTPS, so UnityWebRequest might be handy along with the Weblogic tools provided.