Search Unity

Why when i open a new script in visual studio the MonoBehaviour is not in light blue ?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Chocolade, Nov 2, 2017.

1. RealDerpCore

RealDerpCore

SOLLUTION:

Kbarrettoh, duke2go and matejsabo7 like this.
  2. amoraleite

amoraleite

This solution worked for me! Unity 2020 and TY!

3. chemitron

chemitron

I started with this problem after I completely removed Unity from my Mac. After installing Unity, the red text started appearing in visual studio. I closed Visual Studio. In Unity, I checked the external scrip editor under "Unity/Preferences" and it showed "Visual Studio for Mac [8.10.14]". I clicked on the drop-down menu and navigated to the applications folder and selected "Visual Studio" and clicked "open". The text on the external editor remained as "Visual Studio for Mac [8.10.14]" but when I opened the scripts (by double-clicking on them from Unity) they did not have red text.

4. OlivierMorland

OlivierMorland

I tried opening and closing Visual Studio several times as well as doing the same for Unity. What worked for me was the following:
    - Unity > Preferences > External Tools > External Script Editor
    - There I found Visual Studio had been unset for some reason. After resetting it as the external script editor the whole solution loaded.

5. shacharoz

shacharoz

and if the visual studio is already linked correctly,

you can do this:
    1. go to Unity > Edit > Preferences > External Tools
    2. under Generate .csproj files for, mark all checkboxes.
    3. click button Regenerate project files
    4. restart unity and visual studio

6. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

This may help you with intellisense and possibly other Visual Studio integration problems:

Sometimes the fix is as simple as doing Assets -> Open C# Project from Unity. Other times it requires more.

Other times it requires you also nuke the userprefs and .vsconfig and other crufty low-value high-hassle files that Visual Studio tends to slowly damage over time, then try the above trick.

Barring all that, move on to other ideas:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/intellisense-not-working-with-visual-studio-fix.836599/

Also, try update the VSCode package inside of Unity: Window -> Package Manager -> Search for Visual Studio Code Editor -> Press the Update button

Also, this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/no-suggestions-in-vscode.955197/#post-6227874

7. beasis

beasis

Same problem on me today.

I solved by

step 1. in Unity studio go to edit -> preferences -> external Tools

step 2. change external script editor to visual studio (in my case this value was 'open by file extention' )

step 3. be happy

8. nidhirawat

nidhirawat

It worked. Thanks

9. marartb1

marartb1

Hello i resolved this, create new sript in the same namespace and open.
    The old script take monobehavior.

10. amsachin

amsachin

Thank You,
    This one worked

11. marru101

marru101

Thank youuuu

12. duke2go

duke2go

THIS!!!!! THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!! This completely fixed the issue. You just have to be patient and let it finish getting over its virtual stroke and right itself. That was literally all I needed. Why the F can't the devs fix this???

13. juwolf

juwolf

For me helped installing the extra features on the right side. The pop up was yellow with an Install button.
    idk hope it helped :)