Search Unity

Why when i import character from blener the materials that is imported in unity3d are all white?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by badassgamer, Jun 2, 2016.

1. badassgamer

badassgamer

I imported character from blender made with makehuman and after i imported it , all the materials like eye color brows cloth color are white iam using unity5.3 but previous unity it works fine but this one not and this is a problem that occurs in unity3d because when i render the character in blender everything is perfect so its does not do anything with blender so how to slove it?

2. MikeTeavee

MikeTeavee

I'm a super noob with Blender, but I recall a time when I downloaded a model from BlendSwap and had the same issue. I had to export as FBX (and maybe changed a setting or two) and it worked.

Sorry, that's the best I can offer you.

3. GilesDMiddleton

GilesDMiddleton

Did you put all your textures in a textures folder?

p.s. I did a blender->unity 101 with UV Maps and materials which may help.

4. jhocking

jhocking

To clarify, he means a folder called Textures within Unity. Bringing over a model from Blender to Unity doesn't automatically bring over the textures too, so you have to import those manually. However if you have everything setup correctly (the right folder, with the right names) the textures will be automatically linked to imported models; this tutorial (particularly the third screenshot) explains http://www.edy.es/dev/docs/materials-and-textures-from-blender-to-unity-3d/

Frankly though it may be simpler to just re-apply the textures manually from whatever location they are in, rather than futz around trying to get the naming just right. Just find the material in the Materials folder and drag images into the Albedo slot.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016