Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Why when downloading and importing fbx file from Mixamo the object is not the same ?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Chocolade, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Chocolade

Chocolade

This is the character in the Mixamo site:

Then I click the download button and keep the settings as they are only changing the file to fbx for unity:

Next I have file on the hard disk I drag the file to the editor to the Assets.

In the editor I select the new asset then I'm selecting the Rig tab and I have to change the Animation Type from Generic to Legacy and I click on the Apply button.

(You can see the problem already in the next screenshot at the bottom preview window, The texture is not the same the belt or the thing around the monster is now around it's face)

Next step is to get the Texture. I click on the Material tab then on Extract Textures...
    And save it to a new folder. Then I have an error window and I select the button Fix Now:

Last step dragging it to the Hierarchy: You can see this thing in front of the face.
    Here is a comparison screenshot: The left is after imported the right is the original on Mixamo site:

It doesn't matter if I add the textures or not. This problem happen once I'm importing the fbx file.

2. RealPpTheBest

RealPpTheBest

Hi! I know I am very late (6 years to be exact), but even I had this problem. I actually got rid of the problem in just 5 mins! Check my post on Itch.io, in which I explained in detail what the problem is and how to fix it: https://itch.io/t/482960/solved-mixamo-models-acting-glitchy-and-strange