Search Unity

Audio Why Unity don't play any audio?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by CGDever, Jun 1, 2018.

1. CGDever

CGDever

Hi everybody.
    It's time to connect sounds to the game;) I'm completely new in audio, and in general in everything. What I do not undertake to do, it does not work (
    I'm trying just to play audio.
    1) I created an absolutely empty project
    2) In project was added different audio files.
    4) In the editor mode, you can listen to these audio recordings, but in game no any sound.

I tried to create an empty game object and add AudioSource to it. AudioSource has a link to a sound clip + it has a "PlayOnAwake" flag.
    But nothing happens, there is no sound. I also tried to play the sound through the script, nothing works either.

I also found this question: https://answers.unity.com/questions/657639/unity-wont-play-any-sounds.html

I noticed that the audio icon is somehow inactive in game mode. In edit mode, you can activate it, but in game mode it becomes inactive.

I do not know what does not work, I have not really found anything in the network. Maybe I've been searching wrong, maybe the sound in Unity requires some super knowledge in Fourier transforms and filters. Please, tell me what the problem may be.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Have you tried to toggle the "Mute Audio" button at the top of the Game View already?
    Is the "volume" correctly set in the audio mixer?
    Is the AudioListener component perhaps turned off?
    Is AudioListener.pause perhaps set to true?
    Is AudioListener.volume perhaps set to 0?
    Do you use 3D sounds, but the AudioListener position is at the wrong location?

3. CGDever

CGDever

You're my lifesaver.
    Have you tried to toggle the "Mute Audio" button at the top of the Game View already? - this button was released.
    I pressed it back and forth and returned it at the end as it was. I think that something broke in this button.
    Now everything works. Empty initial projects also reproduce audio.