Search Unity

Why the character is walking through the door even if the door is closed ? Why cant upload images ?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Chocolade, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Chocolade

Chocolade

Every site I uploaded images to and got links when inserting the images links here I get red x.
    Tried many sites including imgur.com

Through I mean like the door is not there not exist.
    Like walking through a wall.

The door have a collider component box collider.
    I tried to add a box collider and then instead a capsule collider to the character nothing helped.
    Changed on the character the colliders to be is trigger true/false didn't help.

I tried to add a rigidbody to the character but if Is Kinematic is false the character is floating in the air walking up stuck at the ceiling. If is kinematic is true the character will walk but will walk through the door again.

My character don't have a controller he have a Animator and using HumanoidWalk state animation to walk.
    The character is part of a cutscene. The main goal is to make the character walk and when getting close to the door the door will open and he will walk through.

But first I wanted to test what will happen when the door is close and the character is walking, The character should be blocked by the door and keep walking on the place. But instead the character is walking through the door.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019