Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why “postExtrapolationMode” property of TimelineClip is Read Only? How can I modfiy it in runtime?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MaydayWorks, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MaydayWorks

MaydayWorks

Hi,I want to generate a Timeline in runtime by creating a AnimationTrack and adding TimelineClips to it. All added AnimationClips will play and stopped in the final frame, while I want them to Loop forever.
    I tried to add a PlayableDirector and set the generated Timeline as its playable asset, then edit the TimelineClip which should extrapolation in Loop mode in inspector, and it works. But using codes, I found the “postExtrapolationMode” property of TimelineClip is Read Only, which leads to no way to set the clip extrapolation in Loop.
    Also I tried using reflection methods the change the property like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. typeof(TimelineClip).GetProperty("postExtrapolationMode").SetValue(animClip, TimelineClip.ClipExtrapolation.Loop, null);
    It seems to be work. I wonder is it a safe way to do so? and what is the offical way the change the code created TimelineClip's ExtrapolationMode?
    Thanks