Search Unity

Question Why Oculus doesn't enable Fixed-Foveated Rendering for intermediate render texture?

Discussion in 'VR' started by leozzyzheng2, Dec 18, 2023.

1. leozzyzheng2

leozzyzheng2

I found Fixed-Foveated Rendering works well when I don't use any render feature or post process.

But if I add any pass requires rendering into a intermediate render texture, then FFR is disabled for those render passes and only enable in FinalBlit pass.

I have checked the document and it also said not recommend to use FFR in this situation:https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.oculus@4.1/manual/index.html

I also checked the Vulkan document and found nothing force me not to use FFR in render pass which uses intermediate render texture. Is there any options could force enable FFR or am I missing something which not allow FFR being used in this case?

2. dotomomo

dotomomo

Any updates/workarounds found yet to this incompatibility? Would like to use some of the newer renderer features, but not at the cost of the performance gains FFR can give to my project...

3. leozzyzheng2

leozzyzheng2

No, set fragment density map in native rendering plugin also doesn't work, so there is no way to do this in custom RT now.