Search Unity

Bug Why not explain in advance that 2D lighting has performance problems on mobile platforms?

Discussion in '2D' started by LeeCarry, Aug 22, 2020.

1. LeeCarry

LeeCarry

When I went to see URP, 2D lighting, I was really excited, learn a lot of related tutorials, and began to make their own games。
    I naively thought that 2D lighting would not consume more than 3D lighting, and there were no performance issues exposed under windows.
    Until recently, I packed it on Android and found that there were only 10 to 20 frames, I very very crashed.
    At first, I didn't know it was the lighting problem. I tried many solutions. After debugging for a long time, I finally found out that it was the lighting problem.
    Knowing that it was a lighting problem, I later searched for a solution, only to find out that the official had already known about the problem.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/2d-renderer-and-baking-lights.712475/
    But! Why don't you make it clear when promoting 2D lighting?“Let's tell you that 3D lighting may be better than 2D lighting on mobile platforms”.
    I just want to know if there is a new solution (or can I get the time back? XD)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. wqaetly

wqaetly

I believe that many people are troubled by this problem like the original poster. I hope the official can solve it as soon as possible.:(

3. yfowc

yfowc

I found that, too!