Search Unity

Question Why no banners?

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by enhawk, Aug 31, 2022.

1. enhawk

enhawk

A small game called Flappy Bird made a lot of money using only banners.

Is there a reason banner are being held back? A lot of us would like to put them in our games and apps.

thanks!

StarArcher likes this.
  2. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @hawken !
    We hear you, and others echoed the same opinion. The main reason is time :) We are still very much building Mediation and adding new features regularly, supporting new ad networks and so on. So the banners are definitely on the todo list, and we hope we can release them sometime in the near future, but we have no official date, unfortunately.

3. enhawk

enhawk

OK sure but this is the usual response we've had for almost a year now.

Unity is making a big push for us to switch from Standard Unity Ads in the dashboard to Mediation.

Many of us would like to switch over from Unity Ads, Ironsource or Admob mediation, but because Unity mediation doesn't have banners, we can't.

Figarist and DeclanMcPartlin like this.
  4. rbitard

rbitard

for what it's worth right now I have very bad ecpm with unity mediation and the process to add more bidders is way worst than admob for example which is nearly point and click.
    It's expected for something in beta though so. your mileage may vary as I'm not a monetization expert ! (I'm taking tips to have more ecpm with mediation anytime :D)