Search Unity

Why my AR app works only 1 week?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by RumataM, Sep 21, 2018.

1. RumataM

RumataM

Hello,
    I created a simple AR app in Unity and built it on my iPhone using XCode. But after approx. one week the app stopped working (when I click on the icon it opens for a millisecond and quits). This is not a bug because after I build it again it works perfectly one more week and then stops working again.

- Do I understand right that it happens because I use "personal team" in Xcode and a free "Apple Developer program"?
    - Do I need a paid version of the "Apple Developer program" ($99) in order to make my apps work with no time limitations?

Thank you very much in advance!

2. jbarnes2018

jbarnes2018

What SDK are you using to build with? I've had a similar problem in the past.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I think you are signing the app with an dev certificate, which expires after one week. May need to crete a new certificate (or provisioning profile? not 100% sure) on the apple dev website.

4. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

This has nothing to do with AR, this is just Apple Developer related.

Yes you need to sign up for the Apple Developer Program if you want to use the app longer than a week.
    The automatic signing in XCode will make sure the Certificate and Provisioning Profile are valid. But the free version is only valid for 1 week.

Free Development builds are only valid for a week for a limited number of devices.
    Paid Developer Program development builds are valid for a year (until / unless you revoke the certificate / invalidate the provisioning profile)

So if the program fee is too much for you a year, keep on developing with the free version. It just requires you to re-build every week. When in active development of an app, a week is not that weird.

unityunity