Search Unity

Why is Unity3D losing my animation keyframes?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mrpmorris, Dec 15, 2017.

1. mrpmorris

mrpmorris

I am trying to add animation key frames to a humanoid rigged character in Unity3D.

The character is in a T-Pose when first dropped into the scene, but then adopts a strange squatting position as soon as I start to record an animation. This isn't a problem, but I do find it odd.

My first problem is that when I start to rotate a bone such as her shoulder, her whole body goes back to a T-Pose and also jumps up in the air. Why is this, and how can I prevent it?

My second problem is that I alter the rotations of a bone and, although I can see the values change in the animation window, those changes are not kept. As soon as I stop recording and scrub through the animation all of the properties revert to the silly-squatting position. Why is this, and how can I prevent it?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Humanoid animation is not done in Unity - that is for imported animations. Use blender or other 3D package and import the animations into Unity.
    You don't even need the character in the other package, just match the humanoid rig structure with a bone structure in 3D package, and you can import into Unity then apply the character avatar to the animation and it will retarget onto the character without much trouble.

3. mrpmorris

mrpmorris

Thanks!

4. MHNielsen

MHNielsen

I have the same problem. So just to get this right, I would have to import the animations to 3ds max or another program, and then make the changes in there? Or am I wrong? And then reimport it to Unity?

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

You are not wrong - if the rig in Unity is set to humanoid.

6. MHNielsen

MHNielsen

Alright, thank you. I'll have to try that.