Search Unity

Why is rotation happening with some animations? I pay you to help?!

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by Mxill, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Mxill

Mxill

no one helps..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  2. davehunt_unity

davehunt_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Mxill,

I am wondering where the aim target is for this setup. It would be helpful if you could display that with a locator or box effector shape.

One thing worth noting is that we will soon be updating the Multi-Aim constraint with new options for specifying the up vector. This will make it possible to have more precise control in situations like this and reduce unwanted rotations.

3. Mxill

Mxill

Hi dave please check the attachment, its pretty much what I've come up with

Thank you

4. Mxill

Mxill

That's awesome, I' tried using version 1 on 2020.2, isnt that feature already available? I can see that the spine bones being rotated by the animation is the cause. For example the first animation has the spine facing forward and the second anim rotates spine bones and likely causing the issue

5. davehunt_unity

davehunt_unity

Unity Technologies

I took a look at your project and the Multi-Aim is behaving as expected. Your setup has the Spine_02 bone as the Constrained Object, so in the second animation it is turned sideways and that's what causes the head to move over to the side like that. You can see that the Y-axis aims correctly at the target if you add a bone renderer and turn on "tripods" to show the local rotation axes of the bones. Also turn on visualization for the aim target and add a box effector to see where it is aiming. If you want more precise control of the head maybe try using the head bone as your constrained object instead of the chest.

You will also get more control over how this works when the new updates to Multi-Aim constraint are shipped. You are correct this is already available in the 2020.2 alpha. Maybe give that a try and see if you can get the desired results?

Mxill likes this.
  6. unityasoft

unityasoft

I think she's trying to make the chest and arms face the target, I played around with your project and i'm certain this package is more for making animations not for aiming.. Sorry!