Search Unity

Feedback Why is no one downloading my android game?

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by xXAl-HarereXx, Apr 1, 2020.

1. xXAl-HarereXx

xXAl-HarereXx

So my game has been released for one week. I posted about it on reddit and other forums. I made a post here in the Made In Unity thread as well and got about a 100 views. But still no one download it at all except for my family and friends. This is the first game I ever release so I was very excited about it.

Game Name: Alien Dash
    Here is a link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Cinemato.AlienDash

So whats wrong? I have literally no idea. Also my game only appears when searching for the name without the space between the words. Probably because it's not popular enough.

I also got no feedback at all from any of the forums lol..

Thanks for reading :)

2. IllTemperedTunas

IllTemperedTunas

Well, every year more people start making games, every year the tools to make games get easier. It's a snowballing effect. With so many games coming out at a very low bar not many people care to try new games any more.

I gave your game a try, to me the screen felt too zoomed in and there wasn't much time to react to things, maybe i'm just getting old. I would have liked to be able to change the way the ship rotates. Maybe if you let go on the right side of the screen you spin clockwise instead of counterclockwise?

Some upgrades besides skins would have been nice and are kind of the bread and butter of this genre. upgrades for more fuel, more power ups, etc.

loldude482 and xXAl-HarereXx like this.
  3. xXAl-HarereXx

xXAl-HarereXx

Thanks so much for the feedback! I will give changing the rotation a try. And I will look on to adding powerups before the game starts :) Thanks again!

loldude482 likes this.
  4. xplicitgreek69

xplicitgreek69

Congrats on releasing your first game!!

Making games is not an easy task. It is also disappointing when you put a lot of work into something and nobody give you feedback, but don't be discouraged! Your journey in game development has just begun and I am excited to see the material you release in the future.

I wasn't able to play the game because I do not have an android device, but I did notice you gave the characters a little personality with the different skins and that was pretty cool.

xXAl-HarereXx likes this.
  5. xXAl-HarereXx

xXAl-HarereXx

Your reply made my day :) Thanks so much! I'm much more excited to work on new stuff now :D

loldude482 and xplicitgreek69 like this.
  6. xXAl-HarereXx

xXAl-HarereXx

Just released an update where I fixed the zoom issue, made the game easier at the start but harder as you go and added a couple new in game power ups :)