Search Unity

Why Is No Man's Sky Getting SO MUCH HATE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aiursrage2k, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

MV10 likes this.
  2. neoshaman

neoshaman

no it's not multiplayer

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

I'm not surprised this is happening to be honest as the Steam store page is showing trailers and screenshots that are old enough they may no longer contain relevant content for the game. Whether that's misleading enough to warrant anything more complex than a demand that they change them will be interesting.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  4. neoshaman

neoshaman

The main problem is not that they were misleading in my opinion, it's that the narrative is all about the high of the game, instead of building on the low toward the high as a pay off, which basically mean you look at them and think they are the normal experience, in fact you have to actively look for them in a very diluted universe. It was funny to see the reddit thread where all teh supposed lies of Sean being cross little by little when some people discover they exist in the little corner of the universe they visited that almost no one else has visited so far ...

5. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Seems very reasonable in this case. Hopefully devs will learn one thing from this... something most should have learned when they were children... don't lie, don't hide the truth. Be open & honest from day one. It's a simple thing.

The bigger result from this may be the industry in general will be watched for a while throughout the investigation and even for a time after the end of the investigation. Generally with this kind of stuff once it hits the radar of these kind of organizations it doesn't just go away. But we'll see. The UK might be different than USA in that regard.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  6. Arowx

Arowx

I'm guessing (haven't played it) but it probably doesn't have enough Grand Theft Auto/Elite Dangerous/Halo gameplay elements in it?

Isn't it mainly you doing solo Star Trekking - Boldly Going Where No Man Has Gone Before, but without evil alien civilisations or entities to fight and outwit?

So it's a space based Exobiological Safari Simulator then?

Ryiah, neoshaman and GarBenjamin like this.
  7. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

@Arowx I haven't played it either. Based on video reviews I think Space Safari Simulator sounds about spot on. They should have pitched it that way. Gave each player a homeworld and zoo. They travel around universe collecting specimens (plants, trees and critters) to return to their zoos and can arrange zoo how they want.

Martin_H likes this.