Search Unity

Why is my sprite going missing on runtime?

Discussion in '2D' started by AV_Corey, Aug 4, 2016.

1. AV_Corey

AV_Corey

I don't know what information I need to provide because I don't know why at all this is happening but now some of my sprites go missing when I play the scene. They don't move layer or go invisible, the sprite renderer literally sets the 'Sprite' to 'Missing(sprite)' whenever I play the scene.

What is going on? It's driving me F***ing mental.

EDIT: Any sprite I replace my player sprite with still dissapears so it can't be the import settings of the sprite itself.

EDIT2: I did rename some folders earlier, would this cause anything like this?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. AV_Corey

AV_Corey

I fixed the problem. I was being stupid. I don't want to talk about it. I'm going to go and cry now.

3. Danman9914

Danman9914

I'm seeing a similar issue. Mind saying what was going on for you?

4. prajit33

prajit33

i m facing the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix this?

5. vakabaka

vakabaka

check the z-position from the sprite

6. MisterSkitz

MisterSkitz

If your player and enemies are stored inside of an empty gameobject and set as a prefab, you must remember to set all empty objects to the same origin Transform position before inserting your player and enemies. Otherwise, your objects will teleport to the position of the parent object, which I suspect is an empty game object. I found this out because I had the same problem a few months ago. lol

7. MisterSkitz

MisterSkitz

You can also find out when you click play, click on one of your missing objects and use CNTR+F to focus on it. That way if it's not the empty object causing the issue, you can do some detective work and find out what made it move to that position and fix it. Just remember to do all your fixes when the game is not running ;)

8. alper2tr

alper2tr

Hello
    if you place 2 d game object , it may cause this problem.instead i use sprite instead game object and it never misses the sprite

9. unity_wIa5KpJFey13oA

unity_wIa5KpJFey13oA

try setting your cam to -1 in transform position

10. Bigmancozmo

Bigmancozmo

Check the Z position and/or the Order in Layer