Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Is learn.unity dot come so slow, as well as unity dot com in general so PAINFULLY slow???

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ChrisReeves12, May 25, 2020.

1. ChrisReeves12

ChrisReeves12

It's like I can't even watch one tutorial or learn because none of the tutorials or videos will load. In general, I find unity's servers to PAINFULLY slow. Do you guys have a DevOps team or someone who knows server management for production web apps? Obviously you guys make a great game engine that I'm really serious about learning but in general, I have just found that the web side of things like the asset store and learn.unity are so slow that they are practically unusable. I have a 300 mbps connection and no other site runs this slow.

AgentMScarn likes this.
  2. little_fat

little_fat

Agreed. Trying to learn. But Learn Premium is unusable. It's like the web in 1995.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I just clicked on a random tutorial video and it played immediately without any glitches or buffering. Are you guys running something which might slow down or interfere with the videos, such as a VPN connection?

4. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

They might be having volume issues during the day, given that they made it free for everyone for now.

5. ramkishoreprajapati

ramkishoreprajapati

Unity Learn website is very slow.

6. springtimedust

springtimedust

It's March 21st, 2023 and the Unity Learn website is still loading at a snail's pace. Great.

7. hayatbiralem

hayatbiralem

It's interesting but when I used VPN the site started to load very fast. It might be a regional issue, I recommend you to try it too.

8. AgentMScarn

AgentMScarn

I agree. I'm new to unity and this is my first experience with the support side, which doesn't give me great confidence in the product. I've tried enabling cookies, turning on/off VPN, changing VPN regions, using various browsers, trying incognito mode, and attempting different days/times. Nothing has made this egregiously slow "learn" website function on par with anything since dial-up internet. If this is how Unity supports its users and programs, then I will likely try another engine instead.