Search Unity

Question Why is HDRP so dark?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw, Oct 10, 2021.

1. unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw

unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw

I just install HDRP and after I hit fix all, it turn out like this: upload_2021-10-10_14-57-56.png
    and I'm not sure how to fix this. I want this to be brighter. Help plsssss

2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  3. merpheus

merpheus

Add the following to the center of your scene(should not collide with other meshes, so put them to empty spaces):
    • If you have a directional light(make sure there is just one with the shadow map enabled) and set the intensity to all the way right (which makes it increase)
    • A reflection probe
    • A light probe group
    • box volume, then add exposure and set it to "auto something..."
    • then go to the lighting tab and press bake

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

What the person is seeing here is more of the combination of lighting intensity + exposure values of exposure volume component + sky exposure not being properly setup to work together. HDRP has some defaults on the global settings that don't really work with lighting range you would have used prior to HDRP so you either have to remove the exposure from both volume and sky (but this is bad as you loose the ability to use real life intensity values for lighting) or tweak the lighting and exposure values in combination.

5. unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw

unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw

Thanks for your help!