Search Unity

Audio Why is Audio Mixer showing "low" sounds in Unity?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Laumania, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Laumania

Laumania

It might just be me who don't understand audio, but I recently started to use the Audio Mixer, and can now see that all my audio in the green meters there, only goes to -20 as the standard, never over, nomatter har close I am to the source.

I have limited audio knowledge, but I would assume "normally volumed sounds" would be around -10 or -5 or so.

It's hard to explain, so I have created a little video where I try to explain:

Around 08:30 I show the actual problem.

2. sdochertymusic

sdochertymusic

Might be worth checking you havent set the AudioListener.Volume to something lower than 1.0f

Also, you should should us the audio statistics of the file you are playing .... the peak dB and the loudness in LUFS would help

3. Laumania

Laumania

Well the AudiioListener it self, should be ok, I don't change anything on that and from what I can see, its a vanilla project you see here, so it should be fine.

You might have a point in the audio file it self...so I'm investigating of it's the file that is actually too low, and my files on my actual game too that have that problem.

I'll get back if I find something useful :)