Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is an asset I own not showing in my Package Manager?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by CaptJim, Oct 1, 2020.

1. CaptJim

CaptJim

I've updated my project from Unity 2019 to 2020 (latest) and I'm in a mess with 2 assets creating havoc, and specifically one asset MK Glow. For some reason I'm unable to update the plugin because it is not showing in my Package Manager. However if I go to the asset store website and visit the asset's page, I get the banner saying I purchased the plugin fine 2 years ago...

I've contacted Unity support but have yet to hear back from them. This is seriously affecting my ability to work on my project so I thought I'd inquire here if there's a known problem with asset ownership in the new package manager? Or if anyone knows what is causing this issue? I can't believe it's on the asset writer, as I don't see how they'd be responsible for this. It feels more like some sort of issue Unity's end with losing my ownership status.

Any advice much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  2. CaptJim

CaptJim

Can no one help with this?:( I've still heard nothing back from Unity support and this is a pretty huge problem for me. I've contacted the author of the asset who has been super helpful, but there's nothing he can do his end. He has verified my invoice number and ownership and says all is well his end.

Can no one advise on why Unity seems to have forgotten I own this asset!? Even their store front says I've purchased it but the Editor fails to do so!?

3. CaptJim

CaptJim

Does anyone know how I can escalate this issue with Unity support? I've still had no reply from them regarding the ticket I raised, which is 13 days ago now. I've added a new comment to the request but does that even do anything to highlight the query? I appreciate that Unity support are busier than ever, but to have still not received a response yet is pretty unacceptable, imo.

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey there,

Could you DM me the ticket number so I can have this chased up?

5. neo-mashiro

neo-mashiro

I have the same issue in 2019.4.15, tried many solutions but none worked. I bought many assets from the asset store, the package manager only shows some of them under "My Assets", while others just disappear.

My workaround is to keep clicking the refresh button, although it's not showing the entire list, sometimes I got lucky and saw the asset I want to use, usually after 3 minutes of trying. This is awkward but works for me, as I don't import assets very often.

6. x-alphawolf-x

x-alphawolf-x

I am having the Same issue with POLYGON - Fantasy Kingdom Pack it is not showing that i own it in Unity , But on the Asset store it shows i can open it and that i own it. But will not open in Unity says i do not own it.

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Are you absolutely logged into the same Unity ID you bought the asset on within the editor?

elijunas likes this.
  8. CriptOBite

CriptOBite

Hey buddy sorry to see your having this issue I had the same issue and fixed it by going to Unity Hub. Logging out of my unity account and logging back in after I purchased an asset. That is just a work around until unity actually fixes this

9. bolambaoz_unity

bolambaoz_unity

thanks it worked...

10. renman3000

renman3000

Hi there,
    I tried the solution here, logging out and back into Unity HUB, but the asset I just purchased, is not showing.
    I Have quit Unity and reloaded. Restarted my computer. Everything I can think of. Its been about 5-10 minutes.

??

11. tpnovo63

tpnovo63

If you look at the bottom of the widow it shows you the total number of assets you have and the number of them being displayed. It sounds stupid but what I did was increase the size of the window pane and refresh it until the number of assets displayed equaled the number I had.

snoopy44 likes this.
  12. Cavewolf

Cavewolf

The bottom of which window, where? Thanks!

13. YusafZ_Creator

YusafZ_Creator

Bro how is this a problem we are all facing and how come nobody is saying what to exactly do? just a glitch? do i have to wait or something?

14. ntjornqlsucks

ntjornqlsucks

fr

Neweccentric likes this.
  15. AlenLap

AlenLap

Same problem here. Own an asset on the store, see it's available and "Open in Unity" is there (which does nothing now that we go through Unity Hub). But when I search for it in my package manager it's not there.

Neweccentric likes this.
  16. Taalon

Taalon

Come on Unity, this is part your *core business* and you're dropping the ball. I have a feeling some incompetent management is to blame. I'm having this issue as well. Pretty seriously considering switching engines in the future. This type of thing *has to work,* and it's not.

17. Neweccentric

Neweccentric

Same problem, why no answer Unity? this is basic functionality.

18. SmaugAlert

SmaugAlert

So this might be the issue -
    I was trying to get the terrain sample asset pack, and the "Open in Unity" button did nothing. It wasn't showing up in package manager assets either.

At the bottom of the package manager window, above the refresh button, is the amount of file being shown. If it says something like 10 out of 18, then click "load" and it should then show all assets, and say "all assets shown"

19. Clay2419

Clay2419

[

at the bottom of the asset page in unity there is a thing that shows how many assets are loaded. ex: 17/40. hit load it goes up like 37/40. hit load again and it should have all your asssets 40/40

20. Filippaguras

Filippaguras

Help! I'm still experiencing the same issue as some of the other users listed in this forum. I have tried and tried refreshing, logging out and back in etc. In the Package Manager and also in the Unity Website I cannot locate the Asset I bought about an hour ago. In the package manager it says "All 49 packages shown". What do I do now?

21. n7pankake

n7pankake

it still doesn't work for me sadly lol it says 37/37 and still the asset is not showing