Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why? I would really appreciate your help.

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by thanhdanh047, Jul 7, 2018.

1. thanhdanh047

thanhdanh047

I am working on a project where I want to make a Scoreboard scene but before I started, I wanted to know and understand what PlayerPrefs.GetInt() was. After reading the api, I did a test to see if it works. I went to the registry editor on windows, went to my project and added a new string value called Player Name, and I attached an int value of 20, just for the test. I created an int variable called number and I made it public so I can see what value is attached to it when I ran unity. Here is my script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public int number;

2. void Start() {
    3. number = PlayerPrefs.GetInt ("Player Name", 10);
    4. }
    And for some kind of reason, the only number attached to 'number' is 10. Why? I would really appreciate your help. If you have any questions, you can simply ask.