Search Unity

Why I have two project with the same name?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by nuciforanicolas, Jul 1, 2020.

1. nuciforanicolas

nuciforanicolas

Hi,
    I have a problem, I suppose.

In my unity dashboard, my project appears twice: the first one with the normal name and the second one with the project name plus (1) appended.

In the first one, ads impressions are updated but not the Dau or mau.
    In the second one, Dau and mau are updated but not ads impressions.

The strange thing? They refer to the same game. If I play the game in a new device, Dau (and new players information) and ads information are updated separately.

How can I resolve it?

Thanks.

Ianaa likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

They would not point to the same game. You might have the same gameID for advertising in both games however. To confirm which Dashboard they are associated with, click the Go to dashboard...link at the top of the Services window in the Unity Editor. There should be two separate dashboards. To resolve it, no longer use/delete (archive) one of the projects.

3. nuciforanicolas

nuciforanicolas

This is the problem. I have just one project in my pc

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Perhaps you copied the project to another PC at one point? At any rate, please share a screenshot. How are users installing both versions of your game, is it published?

5. nuciforanicolas

nuciforanicolas

No, It's not published. I use the apk that I build from my project and install it to phones. I play some ads in that device to see what change in the dashboard.
    New user are incremented in the second project (with (1) appended), and ads are incremented in the original one.
    I had a copy of my project time ago, without ads or statistics. But, I deleted it time ago, and worked on the original one. Then I added ads and statistics. I opened the dashboard and I saw that are updated separately

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, this would be expected. If you continue to have question, please post the screenshots.

7. nuciforanicolas

nuciforanicolas

8. nuciforanicolas

nuciforanicolas

How you can see, game id are different.
    I use the first one IMG_20200703_092716.jpg IMG_20200703_092635.jpg

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You have expected separate projects. Images with no context are not entirely helpful. Since this app is not published, you'll want to address this before you publish. If the games are using the same GameID to initialize Ads (not ProjectID) in both projects as mentioned, then ads would be shown under the one project only.

10. trinistry

trinistry

Hi! I'm having the same issue. My project is published and showing ads. In the dashboard, one project is showing the users, the other one is showing the (non existent) app revenue. I'm not sure if that's actually an issue, but if possible I'd like to combine them to one.

Edit: I only have one project on my PC. I do not initialize Unity Ads because I'm using Iron Source mediation which does it for me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  11. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Ads data is collected based on Game ID, and Analytics data is collected based on Project ID. Please check whether the Game IDs you are using is in the same project as the Project ID. You can go to the Dashboard -> Settings Project Settings to see the Game IDs and Project ID.
    upload_2020-8-3_16-46-54.png

upload_2020-8-3_16-46-31.png