Search Unity

Question Why I cant use face tracking on World facing camera?

Discussion in 'AR' started by bausegames, Dec 1, 2022.

1. bausegames

bausegames

I'm trying to make an app where you can see a picture next to my friend's head.
    I want to use AR Foundation and AR Face Tracking to achieve this.
    But when I try to use the rear camera the XR session disables face tracking.
    I know for a fact that you can track Face Pose with the World Camera because I've seen it in the ar-foundation-samples project.

upload_2022-12-1_5-38-33.png

I tried to switch the camera from the start from the user to the world but when it switched it got a new pack of supported features.

upload_2022-12-1_5-41-58.png

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @bausegames

You can control the session configuration that your app chooses via a custom Configuration Chooser, explained in more detail in this video:

In your case you would want to select a configuration with the following capabilities if it is available on your device:
    Feature.WorldFacingCamera | Feature.FaceTracking

KyryloKuzyk likes this.
  3. ul_antnasce

ul_antnasce

Does anyone have a working example of this (world facing camera doing face detection) - I've not had any joy following the Custom Configuration video above.

4. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

This configuration may not be possible depending on your target platform. I believe this is not possible on ARCore. On ARKit, it is possible to enable face tracking while the world-facing camera is enabled, but the face tracking will still use the user-facing camera.

We have a sample scene for this: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples#rear-camera-arkit