Search Unity

Why I can not download my paid deprecated assets (broken link?)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BeautifulRiver, Jul 28, 2018.

1. BeautifulRiver

BeautifulRiver

I upgraded to a new computer, so I log into Unity store and go through 'My Orders'. I want to download my paid Unity assets and organize them in my new computer. When I click some assets, it said they are deprecated and can be downloaded using special links. However the provided links are circular, I was not able to download them any more!

I spent over $1100 on Unity assets. Five of the assets is deprecated now. For the 5 deprecated assets:
    Price range from $1.00 to $50.00.
    Date of purchase range from 13 to 7 months ago.

Is there any policy on deprecating asset store products? Why and who decide a product is deprecated? Is it mainly because the assets were outdated (use deprecated API) or because the developer abandon the product? I want to avoid developers whose assets are expensive and have very short live. Deprecation is 100% OK with me as long as it is done in a responsible manner.

I did not receive any advanced notice before the assets will be deprecated; otherwise I would download them immediately for my own archive because they still have valuable resources: textures, models, sound clips, .. I can play with or try upgrading the source codes.

Based on the fact that there was a (broken) link, it seems that Unity do intend for us to download paid deprecated assets. Please fix the link ASAP!

*** Another SERIOUS BUG of 'My Orders' ***
    All my orders consisting ANY deprecated assets can NOT be open for viewing! Two of my orders happen to contain multiple (4 and 13) assets, and now they can not be open any more. Turns out each one of the order consists of an asset that is deprecated now! THIS BUG MUST BE FIXED!

Thanks