Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Why doesn't Unity decompress my Addressable files from the server?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by formatc2013, May 14, 2020.

1. formatc2013

formatc2013

Hi guys
    I am trying to set up my project to load certain stuff from the internet, using Addressables. Now I am stuck at starting the editor with the Playmode Script set Packed Play Mode in the Addressables settings.
    I get a few error messages and obviously nothing works and I have no Addressables in my scene.
    All my group settings are set to Remote Build Path and Remote Load Path.
    I followed this tutorial.
    It does work in Fast mode, with no error messages. I also managed to build it with all the above settings set to local and everything works fine.
    Please see my attached error log.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Error while downloading Asset Bundle: Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle 'https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/springz/Android/bullets_assets_all_a0f5b5a22a1cb13295fb1347298cd4e4.bundle'.
    4. Error while downloading Asset Bundle: Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle 'https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/springz/Android/settings_assets_all_1fcef1b592103dfb0b79de0b64f21140.bundle'.
    6. Error while downloading Asset Bundle: Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle 'https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/springz/Android/defaultlocalgroup_unitybuiltinshaders_483aa89125f8802ad0863557d70b995a.bundle'.
    8. Exception encountered in operation Resource<DevConsole>(Dev Console.asset): Unable to load dependent bundle from location Assets/Scripts/Dev Console.asset
    9. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationBase`1:<.ctor>b__26_0(AsyncOperationHandle)
    10. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    11. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.GroupOperation:OnOperationCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle)
    12. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    13. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()
    15. Exception encountered in operation Resource<GameObject>(Bullet.prefab): Unable to load dependent bundle from location Assets/Prefabs/Bullets/Bullet.prefab
    16. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationBase`1:<.ctor>b__26_0(AsyncOperationHandle)
    17. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    18. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.GroupOperation:OnOperationCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle)
    19. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    20. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()
    22. Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<DevConsole,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: DevConsole failed because dependent operation failed
    23. Unable to load dependent bundle from location Assets/Scripts/Dev Console.asset
    24. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperation`2:OnWrappedCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    25. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    26. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    27. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    29. Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<GameObject,IResourceLocator>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed
    30. Unable to load dependent bundle from location Assets/Prefabs/Bullets/Bullet.prefab
    31. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperation`2:OnWrappedCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle`1)
    32. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    33. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    34. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    36. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    37. SpaceShipDataUpdater.<GetDataFromDevConsole>b__18_0 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[TObject] loadedresult) (at Assets/Scripts/SpaceShip/SpaceShipDataUpdater.cs:54)
    38. DelegateList`1[T].Invoke (T res) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    39. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    40. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:73)
    41. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    42. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    44. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    45. SpaceShipCannon.<InitializePool>b__21_0 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1[TObject] loadedresult) (at Assets/Scripts/SpaceShip/SpaceShipCannon.cs:106)
    46. DelegateList`1[T].Invoke (T res) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    47. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    48. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:73)
    49. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    50. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.1.10/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)

2. formatc2013

formatc2013

Bump.
    I set up a brand new empty project and built it out to Android, and Windows as well, but there are no assets, when I hit play or deploy and I get the same error messages everywhere. I deleted everything from the cloud, and still getting the same errors. Also noticed that my Public access field is showing Public to internet and not just Public like in the video.
    There are the final steps to my happiness, please help :)

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  3. formatc2013

formatc2013

Does work with AWS S3, if anyone runs into it!

4. emerge-sjh

emerge-sjh

Also having the same problem with google cloud storage.

5. emerge-sjh

emerge-sjh

@formatc2013 we did test with AWS and it does work, not really sure why it doesn't work with Firebase/GCP Storage.