Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

why doesn't iOS Container replace work anymore?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Paul-van-der-Laan, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Paul-van-der-Laan

Paul-van-der-Laan

At my work I work with Unity games published to iOS. For update testing and other testing purposes, I used to use the download container and replace container option in Xcode -> Window -> Devices and Simulators. But since recently, that option doesn't seem to work (well) anymore, specifically loading the containers back onto the device and I have no clue why this suddenly happened.

When I download a container I can see the stored information is saved in appdata->Library->Preferences->my_apps.plist. But when I try to replace containers, it silently refuses to work.

When looking at the device Console during replacement, I found the following leads:

BUG IN CLIENT OF libsqlite3.dylib: database integrity compromised by API violation: vnode unlinked while in use: ....

and

Sandbox: mobile_house_arr(311) deny(1) file-write-create /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/E0099BB7-3FC3-40EB-BE84-157BE681360B/Library/Caches/Snapshots/com.PaulChimp.FirstAppTest/08134EA5-0D8C-4228-9806-4E9788981A13@2x.ktx

Anyone else experiencing problems with replacing iOS container files lately?