Search Unity

Why does Unity keep batching SetPass calls?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dark-Protocol, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Dark-Protocol

Dark-Protocol

I have a project in which I have disabled both Static and Dynamic Batching. I also have a scene with a couple of cubes and spheres (10) all using the default material. The objects aren't marked as static but that shouldn't matter because static batching is disabled. I played the scene and opened the statistics rollout and I saw that even when batching is disabled, there are still 35 batches in the scene. I tried enabling the batching to see if something will change but no change - still got 35 batches on 10 objects.

From reading the documentation, I would expect to see 0 batches and at least 10 SetPass calls (not counting the sky, etc.) but I get a total of 35 batches and 6 SetPass calls. So what am I missing? Why does Unity keep batching objects even when static and dynamic batching is disabled?

2. Dark-Protocol

Dark-Protocol

So a month passed and I still haven't been able to figure this out. Does anyone have any idea on how to turn that automatic batching off?