Search Unity

Why does unity have 70x70, 90x90 and 120x120 icons for UWP wen visual studio does not?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by RandomCharacters, Mar 20, 2019.

1. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Looks like a leftover from Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8 support. Can we get a bug port for this?

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You could either use JPG, or try using higher compression settings for the PNG. Their only rule as far as I know is that the icon must be 200 KB or less. I am not familiar with photoshop so I don't know if it's possible to do it there. I heard people had success with https://tinypng.com/.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

If you could drop a bug report about that too (so it doesn't get lost and can be properly tracked), I'm sure we could implement it :).

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That looks like another oversight. You're right, we should not allow you to specify revision number other than zero. I guess nobody really ran into this before and we didn't notice it ourselves.

Were you able to figure out the runtime broker issue? I'm surprised running app cert kit on your app causes that Windows process to crash.

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Does this happen when you run app cert kit locally or when you upload the game to the dev center?

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It's very likely that is an issue with the app cert tool locally - it is known to not be very stable. Many people into issues using it, unfortunately. Considering you got through preprocessing stage, it will probably be accepted to the store. Let us know how it goes :).

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You have to only fill in one of them. Unity doesn't require them because you don't need them to be able to run the app locally.

Didn't you get alerted by a large weird default splashscreen when you launched your game?