Search Unity

Question Why does the shader ignore the darkness ?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by LetmeDwight, Feb 14, 2021.

1. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

I bought the "Flatkit" shader from the Asset Store.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/flat-kit-toon-shading-and-water-143368
    But why does the shader ignore the darkness? The Unity Standard Shader will also automatically go dark if there is not enough light nearby, as can be seen on the walls of the room.
    But why does the car that uses the Flatkit Shader stay in this monotonous and light independent brightness? In the game you are supposed to run through dark rooms with a flashlight and I can't use it that the objects all illuminate themselves and are always bright regardless of light! How can I make that the Flatkit Shader is also light-dependent and kindly the car is black when there is no light nearby or, better said, when it comes to lighting, how the Unity standard shader should behave.
    But how!?
    image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  2. bgolus

bgolus

The Flatkit shader, like many “toon” style shaders, overrides or augments the ambient color with a one set in the material properties to allow more manual control over the ambient color. If you want it to be darker, you’ll need to tweak the material properties, or not use those shaders.