Search Unity

Question Why does shader graph do the opposite than it previews? + SG UV coordinates wrong?

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Flow-Fire-Games, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

I am confused, my health bar shader is the literal opposite of the shader graph preview

Also I had to turn the plane around 180°, as the UV node did not seem to correspond to the default object UV direction

Or am I doing some very stupid mistake? I'm very confused

Here you can also see that the shader graph UV coordinates are wrong
    If I just input the UV into color, I get a 180° flipped result, on a Unity plane, cinema 4d export plane and unity cube. So its clearly shader graph being wrong.

180° flipped

Unless I'm being very stupid, something is very odd there. Just updated to 2019.2, HDRP

2. bgolus

bgolus

Shader graph is showing a basic set of UVs with 0.0, 0.0 in the bottom left and 1.0, 1.0 in the top right. The UVs on meshes are completely arbitrary in their orientation. Neither are wrong, there's just no guarantee they match unless you manually orient the meshes to do so.

3. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

UVs on meshes are not arbitiary unless you randomly assign them, and neither the Unity Plane or Cube are arbitrary, the Cinema 4D plane also starts their UV starts 0,0 at bottom left and are rotated correctly, I just checked it in my UV editor. Something with shader graph seems to be buggy.

For the shader issue, turns out the Power node was the issue, clamping before not after to fix it solved it + rotating the plane 180° and making it double sided to fix the UV bug

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

On the newest version, Shader graph freezes every time a new texture reference is added btw, very annoying