Search Unity

Question Why does OpenXR in my Game turn off my Valve Index Knuckles?

Discussion in 'VR' started by LetmeDwight, Jul 25, 2021.

1. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

I use the Windows Mixel Reality: HMD HP Reverb G2 together with the Valve Index Controller...
    But if I start SteamVR and start also my game after this, even if it say's it don't support VR, I am inside my mainmenu and press a toggle checkbox that I made to enable OpenXR inside my game. this will initialise my Windows Mixed Reality HMD and in normal case my Windows Mixed Reality Controllers.
    But If I want to use my Valve Index Controller together with my Windows Mixed reality HMD.
    SteamVR turns instantly my Valve Index Controllers off after I enabled my VR Mode Checkbox in my mainmenu of my game...

But why does SteamVR turn off my Valve index Controller as soon I start XR inside my game?

I testet id with the normal SteamVR and with the Steam VR Beta that should normaly support OpenXR...
    But nothing of both make a different

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Given that the SteamVR plugin is developed and maintained by Valve, it's recommended that you post your issues on their Github so their team can address.

3. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

After I added the SteamVR Plugin, it also worked on Linux with Proton but for no one works the Controller Buttons anymore.