Search Unity

why does my plane model swivel and not bank

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by warrenbrandt, Mar 14, 2018.

1. warrenbrandt

warrenbrandt

hi guys

doing a flight sim tutorial on you tube

i got a nice dc3 model on asset store...got it moving but its not moving correctly
    i applied the same script to a cube,the cube moves correctly but the model doesnt
    the cube banks,but the model stays horizontal (looks more like a rudder yaw than banking)
    any ideas why?

also is there any up to date flight sim pack for unity 2017?
    it looked like there was a good one years ago but all the scripts are in js which new unity (as you know)
    doesnt support...i have a mad idea in my head for a game..please help me get it off the ground.

thanks

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

My guess is that your model doesn't follow the standard orientation. Or, you're somehow attaching the script to the cube differently than how you do it to the plane.

3. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Add the plane model as a child to your cube. You said the cube was working correctly. So moving the cube will also move the plane. You can then remove colliders and mesh filter and mesh renderer from the cube and you're set. It's common to put a model into a container to correct orientation problems.

Hope this helps.

Dai-22 and JoeStrout like this.
  4. warrenbrandt

warrenbrandt

hi bill yes tried that...it is a bit better but still isnt turning completely on its axis..its sort of half and half much better but still not right

5. warrenbrandt

warrenbrandt

ok got it...created an object...put it under plane...zeroed out the position,moved it out of plane..added plane to the object...lol now i need to work on engines on off etc...thanks for the help

Bill_Martini likes this.