Search Unity

Why does my camera jump to world origin when I hit play?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by soleron, Oct 13, 2017.

1. soleron

soleron

It didn't use to happen in the previous version of Unity with the Vuforia plugin.
    What may be causing this?

Thank you.

2. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

Check your World Center Mode setting on the Vuforia Behaviour component on the ARCamera, or by adding a Vuforia Behaviour to your scene camera. That's what defines which object in your scene serves as the world origin.

3. soleron

soleron

Thank you for your response.

"SPECIFIC_TARGET" is chosen.
    I understand this probably means a specific image or model is meant to be the target.
    How did the behavior change from the previous version?

All I had to do previously was just set the initial orientation of my camera.

4. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

We've updated our world coordinate references to accommodate positional tracking ( Tango ). That may be the cause. Let me check.

Is this behavior interfering w/ something you're trying to do?

5. soleron

soleron

I can't test in Unity anymore as I used to. So I'd say it is pretty much halting my development. I do not have nor do I intend to deploy on a Tango device. And for the time being there is no other option for testing.

6. soleron

soleron

Hello? Your choice is halting production for some people?
    I'd call that a "Showstopper" issue.

I am not sure how in order to accommodate a niche platform you are blocking progress on many other users and this can be considered a good decision.

7. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello soleron,

I'm curious as to what issue this is causing you as Vuforia controls the position of the camera in AR scenes.

A work around for what you are encountering would be to parent the ARCamera object to an empty game object that has the position you want. This way, when the ARCamera snaps to 0,0,0, the position will be relative to the parent object's position and thus you can preserve the position.

Thanks.

8. Aidan-Wolf

Aidan-Wolf

This no longer works. Solution?