Search Unity

Why does it feel like theres less frames in unity than other games with an fps cam?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by WillModelForFood, Dec 1, 2013.

1. WillModelForFood

WillModelForFood

For example when I move my mouse as little as I possibly can so I can see every frame when I look around unity, I can see its not as smooth on a micro level. But when I look around in source engine games such as counter strike g.o. I cant really notice that the 3d world is just a bunch of frames, it feels more fluent like theres more in between.

It seems like theres double the amount of frames in between compared to my fps cameras in unity. It is hard to describe but it something that I wish I knew the actual cause of, and if it can be fixed to be more smooth?

Is it just the fps assets mouse look scripts im using and a better one can be made?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

You are probably noticing the lack of smoothness in the default mouselook script. That script is only made to get you started and in the game quick. You should look into smooth mouse scripts, there's probably some free ones out there if you look.