Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Why does Hub sees old name when I rename project with Dashboard?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Phleem, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Phleem

Phleem

I renamed a project using the Unity Dashboard rename functionality, but when I get a list of remote projects in the Hub 3.2.0 it still shows the old name. What is going wrong there, and how do I fix it?

I've tried logging out and restarting everything, but somewhere the old name is still be stashed away and found by the Hub. Everything on the Dashboard side looks like it is correctly using the new name.

2. Max_Bol

Max_Bol

Unless they changed it (I highly doubt it), the naming of the project in the hub is based on the Folder's name in which the project is located. When you change the project name in the Dashboard, it only change the project name in the project's coding, but it doesn't change the project's folder's name.

If you want the project's name to be changed in the Hub, you need to close the Hub and your project, change the folder's name in which you project is located (it should have your project's old name when you look for it), open the Hub. At that moment, the project's old name should not appear in the list. You can then add the project with the new folder name as a NEW project. The project will reimport all the assets and update whatever is needed to be updated (should take quite a while if your project is big.) At that point, the project will have the name you have put as its folder's name.