Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Why does camera not rotate when rendering a 360 VR video with unity recorder?

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by jumanisaad1, Feb 24, 2024.

1. jumanisaad1

jumanisaad1

Hi, I am trying to render a 360 VR video (not sterio) via the unity recorder package.The camera is animated to move to a position, rotate, and then move elsewhere.

The camera follows the movements just fine, but does not rotate. Is there a way to solve this?

Attached is image of my settings:

upload_2024-2-24_6-23-36.png

2. LT23Live

LT23Live

I hade the opposite issue with similar settings. Mine was a jpg sequence. The camera would rotate constantly instead despite nothing telling it to rotate. Were you able to solve your issues.

3. thomastt_unity

thomastt_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, Recorder dev here. Would it be possible for you both to file a bug report with a reproduction project (in Unity, "Help > Report a bug...")? It'll help us get a proper repro case for your issues. Differences could appear between versions and even between rendering pipelines. So having repro projects is a big help for our investigation.

Thank you!

4. LT23Live

LT23Live

Thanks for replying. I don't believe I will be allowed to provide a project. I am using 2021.3.30 HDRP. also had other problems with the recorder, such as cube map seams along the skybox. Stuff that just does not happen in a regular scene. It all relates to 360 recording. Thank you for the response nonetheless.