Search Unity

Why do you use very old version of Mono from Unity's Editor?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello everyone,

please upgrade to Mono 5.9.0 Because Mono has support compress and static mode and has 64 Bit.

Check Github and compile complete and build with Unity 2017.x!

I am surprised because I have checked mono.exe from Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/bin/ and shows in console line:
    Code (csharp):
    1. Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
    2.         TLS:           normal
    3.         GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
    4.         SIGSEGV:       normal
    5.         Notification:  Thread + polling
    6.         Architecture:  x86
    7.         Disabled:      none
    Why do you scam us because Unity works in 64 Bit? But hello it is not 64 bit just 86 bit. "OK OK You're sensitive!"

Please be seriously!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
    hippocoder likes this.
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Please be mature or we'll limit your posting privileges. Talking about "scamming" is obnoxiously childish.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes @hippcoder, right I will say truth! Why do you not check Unity's installation. You know latest version - I feel common because they develop Unity Game but Mono is old and incompatible to latest Windows Version. Why do you not think - I am not punishing just - I checked Mono Runtime from Unity's Editor. Why does Unity's Editor not use static- and compressing mode like example:
    Editor.exe was generated by mkbundle.exe from Mono 2.0 and over 70 MB.
    I imagine you that - mkbundle of Mono 5.9.0
    Editor.exe will generate from Mono Runtime 5.9.0 and it will have small size like it has many managed dlls and application exe into single exe down to 40 or 41 MB

I see another alternative to Unity Wave Editor, Xenko Game Studio or MonoGame Editor ( Coming soon ) and more... have smaller size than Unity Editor with old Mono Runtime. I remember that linux version of Unity Editor can not show user interface it looks like black window - that is why it is incompatible to latest version of Linux. I want prove you because incompatibility sees wrong - You need "upgrade" - If you don't believe me that - I will fight to Unity like Wave Engine, Xenko Engine or any Engine of C# fight to Unity. They use latest Mono Runtime. Please respect me! I want you or Unity Team should to upgrade version of Mono Runtime. stability means "compatibility"

Thanks for understanding - But I don't want abuse you just I want Unity Team have to upgrade new stable version of Mono Runtime. Because hackers are happy and can break off with old version unstable mono bundled executable.

I want you or ( your team ) have to enjoy income and make safe. I imagine - if old mono bundled executable is unstable than hackers can steal our credits from asset stores - That is why - I want just help you and support our protection with Unity's Editor.

Thanks! I hope you allow me - I improve protection.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017