Search Unity

Question Why do WASD work but not my Gamepad ?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by LetmeDwight, Jun 10, 2021.

1. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

I have installed a small, simple area in one of my scripts which is initially only responsible for outputting the "value" in the console from the received input. with WASD it works fine, but I don't get a single signal from my gamepad in the console! I have attached a video that gives an overview as "not listed" youtube link:

And an image that shows the "Player Input" from the Inspector ...
    Player Input Inspector.JPG

EDIT:
    All the Errors in the console was just the old code for the old input system. I activated "Both" in the "Project Settings" and I still got no feedback from the gamepad inside the console.
    Any Idea what I do wrong why only WASD work?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    mivasiliauskas likes this.
  2. Twin-Stick

Twin-Stick

A couple of things to look at
    • If you're using the PlayerInput module - you won't need to use the 'generated code' option for your input actions - I'd suggest unchecking that option and ensuring the generated scriptes are deleted
    • You have two different bindings for the gamepad, one is binding the thumbstick to the action, another is binding directions to a composite vector. Remove one as it may be setting the input vector to 0 and / or cancelling the input out
    • Make sure to click inside the game window, it won't receive input unless the game window has focus

LetmeDwight likes this.