Search Unity

Question Why do I only get only pink materials from Shader Graph?

Discussion in '2D' started by Suminell, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Suminell

Suminell

Hi, I've recently updated a project to use URP as I wanted to use Shader Graph to add some sprite outlines. I followed the steps here and double checked I have the pipeline asset in the right place.

But every shader I make - even the simplest one - is appearing pink in the scene view. I don't see any errors in the console so I'm a bit lost. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running 2022.2.21 on MacOS.
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 13.25.06.png Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 13.26.12.png

2. karderos

karderos

base shaders out of date

3. Suminell

Suminell

Hey thanks. But how do I update the base shaders? I've tried to follow the steps here - it says to "go to Edit > Render Pipeline > Universal Render Pipeline." but RenderPipeline doesn't exist as a menu for me.

4. karderos

karderos

right click on asset folder and create> new shader graph and try some base shaders until you find some that isnt purple

5. scryedzxp

scryedzxp

I just ran into the same problem you have. Assuming you created a shader graph under Create->ShaderGraph->URP, you'll also need to configure URP (I had to create a URP asset and set the URP as the active render pipeline with that asset).

6. Suminell

Suminell

My issue stemmed from creating a new shader graph with any of the URP sprite options - anything I did with those didn't work. When i eventually tried just creating a URP (non-sprite) unlit shader graph things began working and I was able to create the shader I needed. Still not sure why the sprite options didn't work for me.