Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Why Cinemachine Vcam been disabled in Build for no reason?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by wesleywang, Nov 30, 2021.

1. wesleywang

wesleywang

Everything works fine in Unity Editor. But when I create the Build version, the camera just doesn't follow the target. I found out that the CinamachineVirtualCamera has been Disabled, but it is enabled in Editor!!! I don't know why and I can't find other useful information through logs file.

Build file Logs:
    upload_2021-11-30_23-5-13.png

Editor Logs:
    upload_2021-11-30_23-5-36.png

Debug Code:
    upload_2021-11-30_23-5-52.png

And I'm sure that I have followed all the steps in the tutorial of Cinemachine Camera. It works fine in the Editor, but I don't know why it is not working in Standalone Build.

2. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

My best guess (it's hard to diagnose without access to your project) is that you have multiple game objects with the tag 'camera' and with virtual camera on it? My guess is based on two things: tags are unreliable when it comes to search order, there is no guarantee that one always will be found than another and in your log, there is no 'gameobject is Enable' entry. You probably found another game object.

3. wesleywang

wesleywang

Tag "Camera" is only used for debug. I add this tag to make it convenient to find that Vcam. And I think this can't explain why this virtual camera is disabled at standalone version.

4. wesleywang

wesleywang

Is there any way that I can send you my project?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  5. wesleywang

wesleywang

Sorry, I don't know why. It just works today without any change... It's really weird.

6. Halukx

Halukx

Help pls

unityunity